This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GranolaMyWay #CollectiveBias
I’m a big granola fan! I eat it for breakfast, sprinkle it on my yogurt, and even enjoy it as an afternoon snack. I love baking with granola too, and these Blueberry Crunch Granola Muffins are my favorite new way to enjoy granola.
I’m pretty picky about my granola, and I really love Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola. I used the Real Medleys SuperGrains Blueberry Pecan Granola in these muffins, and they were a huge hit with my whole family. We get up pretty early around here–one of my boys has a 6 am class before school–so grab and go breakfasts are an important part of our morning routine. These muffins help us start the day out right, even when we’re rushing to get out the door at the crack of dawn.
There are so many great things packed into Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola. They contain a special blend of seven super grains and seeds including Whole Grain Oats, Whole Grain Wheat, Flaxseed, Red Quinoa, Sunflower Seeds, Amaranth and Barley. Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola also contain fruits & nuts for fiber and ALA omega-3. It’s a great part of a nutritious breakfast, and wonderful for snacking and baking without being overly indulgent. I mixed some crushed granola right into my blueberry muffin batter, and then added a crunchy granola streusel topping to finish things off.
To start, I whisked together all of my dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Then I gently stirred in the wet ingredients and folded in some fresh blueberries. For fluffy, tender muffins, be sure not to over-mix your batter.
For my granola streusel topping, I combined some Real Medleys SuperGrains Blueberry Pecan Granola with a bit of flour, sugar and cold butter. You can use a pastry cutter to make your streusel, but I think it’s easiest just to blend it all together with my fingers. When it comes to streusel for my muffins, I like to be generous! Just look at that beautiful, crumbly topping!
This recipe makes one dozen muffins, but they were so popular at my house, next time I’ll be doubling the recipe!
Blueberry Crunch Granola Muffins
For the muffins1 1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Blueberry Pecan Granola
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
For the granola streusel3/4 cup Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Blueberry Pecan Granola
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- To make the muffin batter whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl. Add the granola to a zip-top bag and crush with a rolling pin. Mix the crushed granola into the flour mixture.
- Place the vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup. Add the beaten egg and vanilla, then add enough milk to fill the cup (about 1/3 cup of milk). Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
- To make granola streusel, combine the granola, sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. Blend in the butter with a pastry cutter or your fingers until the mixture forms coarse crumbs.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full and top with a generous amount of the granola topping. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
I found Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola in the cereal aisle during my last visit to Walmart. It’s also available in Cinnamon Apple Walnut flavor.