THE BEST NO-ROLL SUGAR COOKIES — Soft, bakery style sugar cookies with no rolling required. Perfect for holiday decorating.
When I’m making sugar cookies for a crowd, I always make these sugar cookie bars. But I’ve been searching for a fabulous, more traditional sugar cookie recipe for years. Friends, this is the one! I present to you The Best No-Roll Sugar Cookies!
When it comes to sugar cookies, not having to roll and cut is a big bonus in my book. These are hands-down the best no-roll sugar cookies I’ve ever made.
Believe me, I’ve tried a lot of sugar cookie recipes, but non of them have been quite right–until now. These are amazingly soft and delicious!
You can roll them in colored sugar before you bake them or frost them afterwards, which is my favorite way to enjoy them.
I’ve even included my favorite frosting recipe for you. You may not use all the frosting, but I never feel like half the recipe is quite enough.
I’m sure you can figure out something tasty to do with the extra frosting. One last tip: for super soft cookies, do not over-bake!
Be sure to save this recipe for The Best No-Roll Sugar Cookiesto your favorite Pinterest board for later.
EQUIPMENT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Check out more of my essential kitchen tools.
The Best No-Roll Sugar Cookies
Soft, bakery style sugar cookies with no rolling required. Perfect for holiday decorating.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter and sugars in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed. Add flour, cream of tartar and baking soda; beat at low speed until dough forms a ball.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten to about 1 1/2 inches with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to cooling rack. Cool completely before frosting.
- For frosting: Beat butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Blend in vanilla and salt. Mix in powdered sugar until smooth. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until frosting reaches desired consistency.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished it Up First: Adapted from Land O’ Lakes