Friends, I’m about to introduce you to the easiest Valentine’s Day dessert you’ve ever made. Say hello to Cherry Pie Stacks! Refrigerated pie crust, cherry pie filling, and whipped cream are all you need to create these pretty little pastries. And a bit of powdered sugar for dusting, if you like.
The great thing about these deconstructed pies is that you can change them up to suit almost any occasion. Simply cut your pie crust into squares or wedges for an every day dessert. Or try using a star cookie cutter for summer-time holidays. And you can definitely change-up the pie filling too, or even use fresh fruit if you’d like. The possibilities are endless! I know we’ll be making these again and again!
Cherry Pie Stacks
- 1 (14.1 oz.) box refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Unroll pie crusts on a lightly floured surface and cut crust with a heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place cut crust on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat cream and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Place a spoon full of whipped cream on a pastry heart, then top with a spoon full of pie filling. Top with a second pastry heart. Dust with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Lemons for Lulu