We aren’t big French toast fans at my house. But apparently the problem is that I’ve been making it wrong all these years. Specifically, I’ve been using the wrong ingredients! I recently made French toast with day old jumbo blueberry muffins (like the kind you can get at Costco) and it was a huge hit!
I originally intended to serve this French toast with syrup, but it’s plenty sweet on it’s own. A dusting of powdered sugar is all it needs. Whipped cream and fresh berries would be delicious too. You do have to cut off the muffin tops and eat them, but I certainly didn’t have a problem with that! To say my family loved this breakfast would be an understatement. We’re already thinking about what other muffins flavors we can turn into French toast. I vote for chocolate muffins, topped with strawberries and whipped cream.
Blueberry Muffin French Toast
- 4 day-old jumbo blueberry muffins
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup Half & Half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Trim rounded tops off muffins (save to eat later). Cut remaining muffins horizontally into 1/2 inch slices.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, Half & Half, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat.
- Dip muffin slices in egg mixture and place in skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home
Follow my Breakfast & Brunch Board on Pinterest for more recipe ideas.