SKILLET BEEF QUESO — Ground beef is added to melted cheese in this spicy, crowd-pleasing, one skillet dip that’s sure to be a hit on game day, or any day!
I’ve already started thinking about what to serve for the Super Bowl this year, and this Skillet Beef Queso will definitely be on the menu.
As far as I’m concerned, it’s not a Super Bowl party without some kind of cheesy queso dip.
And this one is extra filling and delicious thanks to the addition of ground beef (although you could certainly make it vegetarian-style if you prefer). Sausage or chorizo are also great additions.
Best of all, everything is done in one skillet, so there are less dishes to wash. And there’s just something fun about serving a hot dip in a skillet.
I like to serve mine topped with fresh cilantro and tomato for a bit of added freshness. Tortilla chips are, of course, a must. Although I’m kind of partial to Fritos scoops when it comes to dipping.
This dip is creamy, cheesy, a little bit spicy, and the perfect addition to any game day menu! You really can’t go wrong with a big skillet full of melted cheese.
If you’d like to keep this dip warm for several hours, just pour it into a lightly greased slow cooker set to low. Either way, everyone will love it, and this cheesy dip will disappear in no time!
Here’s what you’ll need to make Skillet Beef Queso
- Ground beef
- Produce: garlic, fresh cilantro, tomatoes
- Spices: chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper
- Velveeta cheese
- Canned diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Monterrey jack cheese
- Heavy cream
- Tortilla chips, for serving
Skillet Beef Queso
Ground beef is added to melted cheese in this spicy, crowd-pleasing, one skillet dip that’s sure to be a hit on game day, or any day!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces Velveeta, cubed
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- Diced fresh tomatoes, for garnish (optional)
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, garlic, chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper until beef is no longer pink. Drain grease if necessary and transfer beef to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the Velveeta and diced tomatoes and green chilies to the skillet and cook until the cheese is melted and smooth. Add the Monterrey Jack cheese and cook and stir until melted.
- Return the beef mixture to the skillet, along with the heavy cream and 1/4 cup cilantro and cook until heated through.
- Top with additional cilantro and chopped tomatoes, if desired, and serve immediately with tortilla chips for dipping.
Keywords: cheese, queso, ground beef, skillet
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.