CHOCOLATE POTS DE CREME — These easy but elegant chocolate desserts are rich, decadent and irresistible. Perfect for a romantic dinner or a dinner party with friends.
If you’re looking for an elegant but easy dessert for a special occasion, you really must try these Chocolate Pots de Creme.
This rich, decadent chocolate dessert would be perfect way to end a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner! Best of all, these Chocolate Pots de Creme are so easy to make.
I definitely recommend using good quality chocolate in this recipe. You can use semi-sweet or bitter sweet, but I often use a combination.
Some fresh berries or whipped cream are perfect along side these pots de creme, and offset the decadent chocolate flavor perfectly. I love to garnish mine with some fresh raspberries and a sprig of mint.
I also recommend very small serving dishes, as this is an incredibly rich dessert. These can be made a day ahead and stored in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap.
Trust me, if you’ve never had pots de creme, you shouldn’t wait any longer!
EQUIPMENT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Check out more of my essential kitchen tools.
- 10 ounces semi‐sweet or bitter sweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fresh berries, for garnish
- Place 8-10 small serving dishes (about 1/4 cup each) on a sheet pan.
- Place chocolate chips, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a blender with the lid on. Starting on lowest speed, blend for 1 minute, then increase speed to medium for another minute. Turn off blender and set chocolate mixture aside.
- In a microwave-safe container, microwave the cream on high for 2 1/2 minutes, or until cream is vigorously boiling. It should be very hot so it will cook the egg when it’s poured into the blender.
- Turn the blender on low speed and blend the chocolate mixture again for 15 seconds. Open lid slightly and slowly begin pouring in hot cream. Once all the cream has been added, turn the blender off and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula.
- Place lid back on the blender and blend for an additional 2 minutes on high speed. Pour into prepared serving dishes and refrigerate for at least one hour. Garnish with fresh berries before serving, if desired.
- Serving Size: 10
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from The Cafe Sucre Farine