SAUTEED CHICKEN WITH FRESH PLUM SALSA — Pan sauteed chicken breasts are finished off with a sweet, fresh plum salsa. Perfect for when you’re eating light!
And this delicious Sauteed Chicken with Fresh Plum Salsa is the perfect way to make that transition into healthier eating, because it actually beautiful and flavorful enough to pass as a holiday meal, minus all the fat and calories!
Even better, if you prepare the salsa ahead of time, this dish comes together in about 10 minutes!
And let me tell you, the plum salsa is pretty tasty on its own. It’s a bit sweet, with a hint of spice, and a perfect accompaniment to the chicken.
And since plums are in season right now, it’s going to be extra flavorful. In fact, I suggest making a little extra plum salsa, since it’s hard not to sample it while you wait for the chicken to cook.
If you’re not quite ready to jump back in to totally healthy eating, it’s pretty great with tortilla chips too!
But let’s not think about that, because with a side salad or some grilled veggies, this colorful chicken dish is the perfect way to start the new year.
Be sure to save this recipe for Sauteed Chicken with Fresh Plum Salsa to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Pan sauteed chicken breasts are finished off with a sweet, fresh plum salsa. Perfect for when you’re eating light!
- 3 ripe plums, pitted and diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons + 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 chicken breast cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium bowl, stir together diced plums, jalapeno, basil, onion, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar. Set aside (or refrigerate if making ahead).
- In a small bowl combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and cumin. Rub the brown sugar mixture over the chicken cutlets.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Top with plum salsa and serve.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from My Recipes