I love broccoli though, and I love that it’s so good for you! One cup of broccoli provides over 100% of your daily allowance for vitamin C and vitamin K, and is also a good source of vitamin A and potassium. My kids aren’t huge broccoli fans though (except in the case of broccoli cheese soup), but they actually liked this Roasted Broccoli with Breadcrumbs. Of course, a sprinkling of toasty bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese makes just about anything taste better.
I love that this dish is easy to prepare with simple ingredients, but isn’t lacking in flavor. It’s a great side dish for almost any meal, and would be perfect for a holiday dinner.
Roasted Broccoli with Breadcrumbs
- 1 pound broccoli, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut the broccoli into bite size pieces. In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the bread crumbs in an even layer on a large, lightly greased baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and add to the bowl with the broccoli mixture. Toss to combine.
- Return the broccoli mixture to the baking pan and roast just until the broccoli is just tender, 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Alton Brown