I love broccoli though, and I love that it’s so good for you! My kids aren’t huge broccoli fans though (except in the case of broccoli cheese soup), but they actually liked this Roasted Broccoli with Breadcrumbs.
Of course, a sprinkling of toasty bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese makes just about anything taste better. I love that this dish is easy to prepare with simple ingredients, but isn’t lacking in flavor.
It’s a great side dish for almost any meal, and would be perfect for a holiday dinner.
And did you know that cup of broccoli provides over 100% of your daily allowance for vitamin C and vitamin K, and is also a good source of vitamin A and potassium?
I love food that’s good, and good for you!Print
Roasted Broccoli with Breadcrumbs
- 1 pound broccoli, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut the broccoli into bite size pieces. In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the bread crumbs in an even layer on a large, lightly greased baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and add to the bowl with the broccoli mixture. Toss to combine.
- Return the broccoli mixture to the baking pan and roast just until the broccoli is just tender, 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 3
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Alton Brown