It’s officially November. Which means the “holiday season” is officially upon us. One of my favorite things about this time of year is having an excuse to drink hot chocolate. It just sort of goes hand-in-hand with the season. And this Creamy Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate is a new family favorite!
It’s so much better than the stuff from a mix, and so easy to make. You just need a few simple ingredients and a slow cooker and you can have this creamy hot cocoa ready and waiting for you on a cold day. And I just love the fall twist to this hot cocoa recipe. In fact, I wouldn’t be against having a mug as early as September.
Even my husband, who unlike me is not a fan of all things pumpkin, said it was “really good.” Probably because there isn’t actually any pumpkin in it. Just top it off with some whipped cream and a sprinkling of nutmeg or cinnamon, and you got a delicious treat for a chilly fall evening.
Creamy Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 6 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate
- Lightly grease the bowl of a slow cooker. Add sweetened condensed milk, cream, milk, vanilla, salt and pumpkin pie spice and whisk until well blended. Add white chocolate and stir to mix. (The pumpkin pie spice will become better incorporated as the hot chocolate heats and thickens).
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Stir every 30 minutes or so as the white chocolate melts to incorporate. Serve with whipped cream and/or marshmallows.
Be sure to save this heartwarming holiday drink to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.