My kids are pretty good about eating raw vegetables (as long as I serve some Ranch dressing on the side), but carrots are one of the few veggies they will eat cooked. Which means I’m always looking for new ways to serve them, and these Brown Sugar Carrots with Bacon were a big hit.
I find it easiest to use baby carrots in this recipe, but you could certainly peel and cut up whole carrots too. And don’t be afraid to add more bacon if you’d like. Or more brown sugar! You can totally adapt this recipe to suit your tastes. At my house, that sometimes means this dish would be more aptly titled: Bacon and Brown Sugar with Carrots. Whatever it takes to get my kids to eat vegetables!
These carrots will be appearing on my menu often. In fact, my youngest has already requested them for Thanksgiving dinner!
Brown Sugar Carrots with Bacon
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, diced
- 1/8 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x12 inch baking dish. Add carrots, salt, pepper and diced butter.
- Cover and bake for about 20 minutes, or until carrots are just tender. Stir in brown sugar and lemon juice. Bake uncovered until carrots are tender, and additional 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with bacon and season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
Be sure to save this delicious side dish recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later!
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of the South