This Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie is officially my family’s favorite way to enjoy this classic comfort food. Which is fine by me, because it’s the easiest method of making chicken pot pie that I’ve tried.
I’ve made this 3 times already this month, and I rarely repeat recipes, so you know my family loves it!
And we’re not the only ones. A friend recently told me she made this for her very picky eater and he loved it as much as the rest of her family.
Instead, you serve this pot pie with wedges of refrigerated pie crust that you bake separately in the oven. I know, brilliant.
This is perfect for my family, because some of us love crust and some of us don’t, and we can all add the amount of crust we like. And you never have to worry about soggy crust!
And of course, the pot pie ingredients are totally adaptable to your own preferences. Throw in some mushrooms or broccoli, or even a handful of shredded cheese.
If you want to make things really easy, just toss in a back of frozen mixed vegetables.
This really is the easiest pot pie I’ve ever made. And it’s the epitome of comfort food. We may never eat pot pie any other way!
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
All the flavors of traditional chicken pot pie, slow cooked and served with wedges of pie crust on top.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 4 cups peeled, diced potatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts total)
- Lightly grease a slow cooker. Add the cubed chicken, carrots, potatoes, and onion.
- Add chicken broth to slow cooker, along with salt, pepper, and thyme. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, turn slow cooker to high. Whisk together the cream and flour until smooth. Stir into slow cooker and mix well. Cook for an additional 30 minutes on high, or until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Unroll pie crusts and cut each into 8 wedges. Place wedges on large baking sheets and bake for about 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Five minutes before serving, stir peas and parsley into slow cooker.
- Ladle mixture into bowls and top with one or two pie crust wedges.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens