Fresh green beans are one of the few vegetables that everyone in my family will eat. Even more so when I add bacon, and these quick Skillet Green Beans with Bacon are one of our favorites!
I love how the beans get a little bit crispy and blackened in the skillet, but stay tender and juicy on the inside.
I like to leave my green beans whole and just trim the ends, but if you prefer smaller pieces, you could certainly cut them in half.
These beans are easy enough to serve as a weeknight side dish, but nice enough for your holiday menu.
I’m pretty sure it’s the bacon, but when I come across a way to serve veggies that my kids actually enjoy, it’s going to make a regular appearance at my dinner table!
Be sure to save this recipe for Skillet Green Beans with Bacon to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the bacon until it is cooked, but not crispy. Add the onion and garlic and continue cooking until the bacon is crispy. Transfer the bacon mixture to plate and set aside.
- Add the green beans to the skillet, along with a tablespoon or so of the remaining bacon grease. Saute the beans until tender, about 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Return the bacon mixture to the pan and toss to mix evenly with the beans. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 6
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Iowa Girl Eats