Every once in a while, you come across a crazy recipe that actually works–like these Magic Chocolate Graham Bars.
Who would think that graham crackers and sweetened condensed milk would bake up into a chewy, delicious bar? Without any flour or eggs! Like I said, it’s crazy, but it’s also crazy delicious!
My kids really love these, and we’ve made them a few times and changed up the type of graham crackers and chocolate chips we used.
After rigorous taste testing, our favorite combination is cinnamon graham crackers with milk chocolate chips, and that’s what I’ve shared in the recipe.
But you can certainly use regular graham crackers and semi-sweet chocolate chips and the results are also pretty tasty!
Magic Chocolate Graham Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 inch pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang, and spray foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place graham crackers in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs.
- In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, pecans, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan (I used slightly damp hands to press the batter into the pan). Bake for about 25 minutes, or until just set. Do not overbake.
- Cool completely. Lift bars from pan using the foil overhang. Cut into squares. Place the powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Gently toss the squares in powdered sugar to coat. Store in an airtight container.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from South Your Mouth