SLOW COOKER ALFREDO SAUCE — Creamy Alfredo sauce with Parmesan cheese and chicken broth simmers all day in your slow cooker.
I love Alfredo sauce, but I would definitely gain a thousand pounds if we ate it at every meal, so that’s not going to happen. But we’ll probably have it a lot more often now that we have an amazing recipe for Slow Cooker Alfredo Sauce.
To say my boys love Alfredo sauce would be a huge understatement. Huge! They certainly wouldn’t complain if I served it at every meal.
This was so good! Just perfect for my family of four. Thank you for a great recipe. ~ Christa
Alfredo sauce isn’t super complicated to make in the first place, but being able to do it in the slow cooker is so convenient if you have a busy day planned.
My husband actually prefers it to the usual Alfredo sauce because it’s a bit lighter–there is actually more chicken broth in the recipe than cream.
And it makes a lot! Which means we can have it for dinner and then my boys will happily eat the leftovers for lunch the next few days.
I recommend serving it with fettuccine or linguine, but any pasta will do.
Be sure to save this Easy Poppy Seed Cake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Slow Cooker Alfredo Sauce
Creamy Alfredo sauce with Parmesan cheese and chicken broth simmers all day in your slow cooker.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 12-16 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup butter, very soft
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Lightly grease the bowl of a slow cooker. Add broth, cream and garlic. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, combine soft butter, flour and parsley in a small bowl. Whisk butter mixture into the slow cooker until smooth. Cover and continue cooking for another 30 minutes, or until mixture is thickened.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese. Serve over cooked pasta. Garnish with additional parsley and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
For every 8 ounces of cooked pasta, use about 1 1/4 cups of sauce. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: alfredo, sauce
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens