We’re nearing the end of berry season here in Colorado, so I wanted to share one last recipe to use those summer berries. Fresh berries can be pretty delicate, and have a short shelf life, and this Triple Berry Crisp is a great way to use fruit that’s a little past it’s prime.
Another great thing about this dessert–you can use other fruit in place of the berries, so it’s versatile enough to be adapted to whatever is in season.
We love to serve this warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but whipped cream is delicious too!
It does make a big pan (9×13) so if you’re not feeding a crowd, you might want to half the recipe. It’s fun to make in individual baking dishes too!
- 5 cups assorted fresh berries (sliced strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.)
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, toss together berries, white sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut in flour with a pastry cutter or your hands until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press half of the oat mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread the berry mixture evenly into the pan. Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the berries.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
- Serving Size: 12
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from All Recipes