I’m a big fan of coleslaw in pretty much any form. My husband, not so much. Although I think I’m winning him over, and this Pineapple Coleslaw is one of his favorites. It’s a great side for all kinds of barbecue, and makes a fabulous topping for pulled pork tacos or shredded meat sandwiches. This coleslaw is the perfect balance of sweet and tangy, and I just love the chunks of pineapple! I like to keep things simple by buying prepared shredded cabbage, but you are certainly welcome to shred your own.
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice (reserve from canned pineapple)
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups canned pineapple tidbits (reserve juice for dressing)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, vinegar, pineapple juice, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add the cabbage, green onions, cilantro, pineapple and jalapeno. Toss to coat well and serve immediately.