I’m always looking for easy grilled chicken recipes to make during the hot summer months, and this Grilled Cola Chicken was a big hit with my family.
I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the cola infused sauce. It’s so bold and flavorful!
In fact, this may just be my new favorite way to grill chicken.
This chicken was simple, full of flavor, and everyone cleaned their plates. With a nice side salad, it made for a perfect summer meal.
We like to grill year-round, so this one is going into the regular rotation. And the leftovers (if there are any) make some great tacos!Print
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cola
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat the grill for medium-high heat.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Stir in the cola, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until sauce reduces and thickens. Remove 6 tablespoons of sauce and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, and cumin. Rub the spice mixture over the chicken. Place chicken on grill and baste with 3 tablespoons of the reserved sauce.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then turn chicken over and baste with the remaining 3 tablespoons of reserved sauce. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
- Serving Size: 6
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cooking Light