MASON JAR CHEESECAKES — These perfectly sized cheesecakes are as pretty as they are delicious. Serve with a variety of topping for a fun dessert that perfect for Mother’s Day, graduation parties, weddings or any kind of celebration!
If you’ve ever made a cheesecake, you know they can be a little bit tricky. Which is one of the reasons I love these Mason Jar Cheesecakes.
They don’t require quite the precision of a regular cheesecake. Not to mention, they’re just so darn fun!
And the flavor and texture of these little cheesecakes is just about perfect. My 15 year-old actually proclaimed this the best cheesecake he’s ever had.
This recipe is great if you need to serve a crowd, and it’s easily doubled or tripled to serve a really big crowd. And the possibilities for toppings are endless.
You can top these little cheesecakes with just about anything you’d like. In fact, with a selection of different toppings, these mini desserts are perfect for almost any kind of celebration. They’re even nice enough for weddings!
Here are just a few ideas for toppings:
- Pie filling
- Hot fudge and other ice cream toppings
- Fresh Fruit
- Whipped cream
- Mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate coated candy pieces
- Mini peanut butter cups
- Chopped OREO or chocolate chip cookies
- Chopped nuts
- Chopped candy bars
Cherry pie filling is a classic topping, and one of my family’s favorites. But this list is just a beginning. Feel free to come with your own creative ideas.
I like to put all the toppings in pretty jars or dessert dishes, and arrange them in a large serving tray or basket. Then everyone can create their own, customized cheesecakes.
Or if you prefer, these cheesecakes are also delicious with no toppings at all. Personally, I have a hard time choosing just one topping! And luckily, I don’t have to.
Just don’t skip the water bath! It helps keep the tops from cracking and gives your cheesecakes a wonderful, creamy texture.
Be sure to save this recipe for Mason Jar Cheesecakes to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Smothered Chicken Burritos
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Lemon juice
- Mini Mason jars
- Various cheesecake toppings
Mason Jar Cheesecakes
These perfectly sized cheesecakes are as pretty as they are delicious. Serve with a variety of topping for a fun dessert that perfect for Mother’s Day, graduation parties, weddings or any kind of celebration!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease 10 small (4 oz.) Mason jars and place the jars in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, one tablespoon sugar and melted butter and mix well. Divide the crumbs evenly between the jars and press down gently to form a crust.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the sour cream, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Fill each jar about 3/4 full of the cream cheese filling, leaving about 1/4 inch at the top. Place the baking pan with the jars into the oven and carefully fill the pan with hot water about halfway up the jars.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the tops of the cheesecakes are just set and golden. Remove the jars from the water bath with tongs and place on wire rack to cool. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Keywords: cheesecakes, mini, mason jar
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from The Italian Dish