One of the first things to appear in the farmers’ markets here in Colorado is fresh herbs. They’re also one of the first things to show up in my garden–and one of the few things I’m actually good at growing. In fact, I often have more herbs in my garden than I know what to do with, so I’ve started a Pinterest board called Herb Ideas filled with creative ways for using, storing and preserving fresh herbs. Be sure to check it out!
With all of the fresh herbs available right now, I thought it would be a good time to share one of my favorite potato side dishes with you. These Easy Lemon Herb Potatoes are loaded with fresh herbs and you can have them on the table in about 15 minutes.
We love roasted potatoes, but sometimes I forget to get them into the oven in time to be ready with the rest of our meal, so I often resort to this recipe when I still want to serve potatoes but don’t have the time required to roast them. With a touch of olive oil and lemon, these potatoes are a refreshing addition to almost any meal.
Easy Lemon Herb Potatoes
- 3 pounds cubed potatoes, any variety
- 1/2 cup assorted chopped fresh herbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add potatoes. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Toss potatoes with herbs, olive oil, garlic, lemon zest and juice, and salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.