BLACK FOREST DUMP CAKE — All you need are a few simple ingredients–like a chocolate cake mix and some cherry pie filling–to make this easy decadent chocolate cherry dessert.
Talk about a delicious, no-effort dessert. This cake is so easy, I had my boys put it together while I made dinner. That’s the beauty of the dump cake.
It really is as simple as dumping a few ingredients into a pan. I popped this cake in the oven when we sat down to eat and an hour later, dessert was served.
Although the chocolate chips are optional in this recipe, I think the vanilla ice cream is an absolute must. And honestly, who is going to say no to more chocolate?
Now I always keep the ingredients for this recipe on hand so I can make it for last minute company, or whenever a dessert craving strikes!
Be sure to save this Black Forest Dump Cake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Black Forest Dump Cake
All you need are a few simple ingredients–like a chocolate cake mix and some cherry pie filling–to make this easy decadent chocolate cherry dessert.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- Category: Dessert
- 2 (20 oz.) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 (18.5 oz.) box Devil’s Food cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, optional
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Dump the cherry pie filling into prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the unprepared cake mix evenly over the cherry pie filling.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix and sprinkle with chocolate chips, if using.
- Bake for 1 hour (Don’t worry if there are a few dry patches in your cake. It won’t matter when you scoop it up and top it with ice cream). Spoon warm cake into serving dishes or bowls and top with vanilla ice cream.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Dine and Dish