I’ll take a slice (or two….or three) of crusty garlic bread with almost any meal. It’s one of those things I just can’t resist. And this Lemon Garlic Bread is a fabulous way to fancy-up your average baguette.
The subtle lemon flavor pairs perfectly with the garlic and makes this loaf something you can serve with any meal.
The recipe is really more of a guideline, so feel free to adjust the amount of garlic and lemon to suit your tastes.Print
- 1 small baguette, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons butter, very soft
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine softened butter, olive oil, garlic and lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread garlic and lemon mixture over cut sides of baguette.
- Place bread on a large baking sheet and bake until golden, 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley before serving.
- Serving Size: 4
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cuisine at Home