Chocolate. Caramel. Toffee. Cake. That’s pretty much all you need to know about this amazing Chocolate Caramel Toffee Cake!
Rich chocolate ganache and tasty toffee bits are sandwiched in between two moist chocolate cake layers, then everything is finished off with more toffee and ganache, plus a drizzle of caramel for good measure.
You could certainly use your favorite chocolate cake recipe here, but I opted for a doctored-up chocolate cake mix to make things easy.
This one will definitely impress your family and friends!Print
For the cake1 dark chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
For the ganache frosting1 pound semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups Heath Toffee Bits
- 1/4 cup prepared caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 9-inch round cake pans.
- With an electric mixer, beat ingredients for cake until smooth. Divide between the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10-15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the ganache by placing the chocolate in a large bowl.
- Heat the cream in a medium saucepan until it just begins to simmer. Do not let it boil. Pour the cream over the chocolate and let stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk the chocolate and cream until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove 1 1/2 cups of ganache to a separate bowl and refrigerate.
- Place one cake layer on a plate or platter. Spread remaining ganache over top. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup toffee bits. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Place the remaining cake layer over the first. Use the refrigerated ganache to frost the top and sides of the cake. Drizzle the caramel sauce over the top of the cake.
- Press the remaining toffee bits around the sides of the cake. Slice and serve.
- Serving Size: 12
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Back Around the Table.