I can’t tell you how many banana muffin recipes I’ve tried. The thing is, I have a fabulous banana bread recipe from my grandma that with a few adjustments makes the Best Banana Muffins, but I always think I’m going to find something better.
Last time I tried a new banana muffin recipe my oldest son said, “Mom, don’t you have that good recipe of your grandma’s? That’s the best one. It has the best banana flavor.”
So there you have it. I decided it was finally time to stop searching for something better and share the Best Banana Muffins with you.Print
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 1 cup chopped chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, stir together milk and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon
- Cream together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and stir to combine.
- Add milk/lemon juice to mashed bananas, then fold banana mixture into batter. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Who Dished It Up First: My grandma!