Whenever we visit our favorite barbecue restaurant, we always order beef brisket. So I figured it was about time to make it at home. And let me tell you, this Ultimate Brisket, made in the slow cooker, is the way to go!
This slow cooker beef brisket is one of those hearty, crowd-pleasing dinners that is so easy to prepare.
Once you’ve seared your brisket, you just put everything in the slow cooker and walk away until dinner time.
The liquid smoke called for gives this dish a mild smoky flavor, but if you’d prefer it a bit stronger, feel free to add an additional tablespoon.
My whole family loves this! It comes out so moist and tender, and if you happen to have leftovers, it makes for fabulous sandwiches or tacos!Print
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 (3 lb.) beef brisket, trimmed of fat
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add the brisket and sear on both sides until browned. (Cut the brisket in half if necessary to fit in the pan). Add the brisket to a lightly greased slow cooker.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with your favorite barbecue sauce.
- Serving Size: 6
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe