If you’re hosting a Cinco de Mayo get-together (or even if you’re not) this is a fun, portable way to serve classic Mexican layer dip. Typically a dip like this has 7 layers, but I find it’s a bit tricky to fit that many layers in a little Mason jar, so I just add my favorites. You could easily do a refried bean layer, or even a layer of seasoned ground beef. It’s really up to you. Or you could set everything out buffet style and let everyone create their own dip. However you serve them up, these Mini Mexican Layer Dips are tasty and fun!
Mini Mexican Layer Dip
- 8 (4 oz.) Mason jars
- 2 cups guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups pico de gallo or salsa
- (or substitute any of the above with refried beans/bean dip or seasoned ground beef)
Optional toppingsShredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced olives
- Sliced jalapenos
- Diced red onion
- Sliced green onions
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips, for dipping
- Divide guacamole between the 8 Mason jars.
- Add a layer of sour cream over the guacamole, followed by a layer of pico de gallo or salsa. Top with your favorite optional toppings.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home