Everybody has their favorite guacamole recipe, and this is mine. And since I’m the only person at my house who likes guacamole (I know, what is wrong with these people?) I’m the only one who gets a say around here. There’s really nothing fancy or different, just fresh, tasty ingredients that come together for one amazing dip. Which is why this is the recipe I’ve been using for years. If you’re looking to serve up some homemade guacamole this Cinco de Mayo, this one won’t let you down.
Favorite Homemade Guacamole
- 3 avocados, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice and salt.
- Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.