Years ago, I remember my mom making homemade Almond Joy candy bars. A quick Google search revealed a multitude of recipes, and since Almond Joy is one of my all-time favorite chocolate bars, I decided to give it a try. If you’re a fan of Almond Joy, you’re going to love these Almond Joy Truffles.
An egg-shaped candy would be perfect for Easter too!
But really, it doesn’t matter what shape they’re in, these Almond Joy Truffles are a coconut lovers dream!Print
Almond Joy Truffles
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 5 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup whole roasted almonds
- 16 ounces milk or dark chocolate
- In a large bowl, combine coconut, powdered sugar, condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Shape coconut mixture into 1-inch balls, pressing a whole almond into the center of each ball. Reshape the coconut mixture around the almond.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until firm.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and return to microwave for 30 second intervals, until smooth.
- Dip the coconut balls into the melted chocolate and place on a wax paper lined baking sheet to set. Drizzle with additional chocolate, if desired.
- Serving Size: 24
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Epicurious