HOMEMADE SNICKERS BARS — Creamy nougat is layered with caramel, peanuts and chocolate in these copycat candy bars. So much better than the store bought version, and easy to make too!
I’ve been wanting to try making Homemade Snickers Bars for a while now. But I was afraid it would be messy and difficult. I was wrong.
These Snickers copycat bars come together in just over 30 minutes with a handful of simple ingredients. And they are seriously amazing! I think they’re even better than the real thing.
My family must have thought so too–they devoured them in about the same amount of time it took me to make them!
We stored our bars in the refrigerator and really enjoyed them slightly chilled. But if you prefer, bring them to room temperature before eating.
I used lightly salted peanuts in this recipe, but unsalted or even dry roasted would work too. And although it technically wouldn’t be a Snickers bar anymore, cashews would be divine in this recipe.
These copycat candy bars are going to be irresistible no matter what kind of nuts you use. You may never eat another store-bought Snickers bar again!
Be sure to save this Homemade Snickers Bars recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Homemade Snickers Bars
Creamy nougat is layered with caramel, peanuts and chocolate in these copycat candy bars. So much better than the store bought version, and easy to make too!
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow fluff
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup peanuts
- 11 ounces caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Line an 11×7-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place 1 cup of chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons of peanut butter in a heatproof bowl. Microwave for 60 seconds and stir until smooth and combined. Microwave for few more seconds if needed.
- Pour melted chocolate peanut butter mixture evenly into prepared pan. Place in the freezer for 2-3 minutes or until hardened.
- Meanwhile, combine marshmallow fluff, 1/4 cup peanut butter and powdered sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until a soft nougat forms.
- Remove nougat from bowl and press evenly over chocolate layer. Sprinkle peanuts on top, and press them gently into the nougat.
- In a small saucepan combine the caramels and heavy cream over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Pour caramel over peanuts, spreading evenly with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate for about 5 minutes, or until set.
- In a heatproof bowl, melt remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons peanut butter in the microwave. Pour over caramel layer, spreading evenly.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes, or until chocolate is set. Use a sharp knife to cut into bars.
Keywords: snickers, nougat, caramel, chocolate, bars
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Imperial Sugar