My kids won’t touch raw carrots with a 10 foot pole, but they all love cooked carrots. Which is weird to me, because they’re carrots either way. Maybe it’s because cooked carrots are often coated in something delicious, like these Brown Sugar Balsamic Roasted Baby Carrots.
My family likes our cooked veggies more on the crisp side, but if you prefer yours more tender, just increase the cooking time accordingly. And feel free to adjust the amount of brown sugar to suit your tastes. We prefer ours on the sweet side, but you can definitely go more savory.
These carrots are easy enough for a week night dinner, but nice enough to serve with a holiday meal, which makes them a real winner in my book!
Brown Sugar Balsamic Roasted Baby Carrots
- 1.5 pounds baby carrots, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper, or line with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place carrots in a medium bowl. In a small bowl whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar (depending on how sweet you like your carrots).
- Pour the balsamic and brown sugar mixture over the carrots and toss to coat well. Arrange in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, or until carrots reach desired tenderness.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with coarse salt and chopped fresh parsley
Be sure to save this sweet and savory side dish recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cravings of a Lunatic