SAMOAS MUDDY BUDDIES — Crispy cereal squares and coconut are coated chocolate and powdered sugar, then drizzled with caramel and more chocolate in this decadent snack that will remind you of the classic Girl Scout Cookie.
Girl Scout cookie season is upon us, and you can bet I’ll be stocking my freezer with Thin Mints, Tagalongs and my all-time favorite, Samoas! But when my cookie stash runs dry, you can bet I’ll be making these Samoas Muddy Buddies.
So it’s always a good idea to have some Girl Scout cookie themed recipes handy for when the actual Girl Scout cookies are gone.
These Samoas Muddy Buddies are probably my family’s favorite Samoas themed treat. They’re made with Chocolate Chex and loaded with coconut, caramel and more chocolate.
Talk about addictive! I don’t think this stuff even lasted a day at our house.
We’ll be making it again as soon as our Girl Scout Cookie stash has disappeared.
Be sure to save this Samoas Muddy Buddies recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Crispy cereal squares and coconut are coated chocolate and powdered sugar, then drizzled with caramel and more chocolate in this decadent snack that will remind you of the classic Girl Scout Cookie.
- 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 box (12.8 oz.) Chocolate Chex
- 7 regular size (1.84 oz) Milky Way candy bars, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread the coconut in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Toast until golden, 8-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Set aside 1/2 cup of the toasted coconut.
- Place the Chocolate Chex in a large mixing bowl. Toss with 2 cups of the toasted coconut.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter and Milky Way Candy bars, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Pour the melted Milky Way mixture over the Chocolate Chex and coconut, stirring gently until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Place 1/2 of the powdered sugar (3/4 cup) in a large, zip-top bag. Add in half of the chocolate coated cereal. Shake well to coat in powdered sugar.
- Spread the cereal mixture onto a large, parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat the process with the other 1/2 of the powdered sugar and cereal mixture.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the caramels and cream at 50% power for one minute. Stir and return to the microwave at 50% power at 30 second intervals until caramels are melted and smooth. Drizzle caramel over the cereal mixture. Sprinkle the reserved coconut on top.
- In another microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips at 50% power until smooth. Drizzle over the cereal mixture.
- Cool until chocolate and caramel are set. Store in an airtight container.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Your Cup of Cake