CHOCOLATE COVERED GUMDROP HEARTS — Store-bought gumdrop hearts are covered in chocolate for a quick and easy Valentine’s Day treat.
If you’re looking for a last-minute Valentine’s Day treat with a homemade touch, I’ve got you covered with these Chocolate Covered Gumdrop Hearts.
All it takes is a bit of melted chocolate to turn heart-shaped gumdrops into something extra special! And these Chocolate Covered Gumdrop Hearts are a huge hit with both kids and adults.
They’re fun enough for the younger crowd to share with friends, but fancy enough for the grown ups to share with someone special.
And best of all, they’re so easy. In fact, I almost hesitate to call this a recipe. It’s really more of an idea. But it’s a darn tasty idea.
When we lived in Canada, we used to buy a chocolate bar called Big Turk. These taste a lot like that.
If you don’t know what I’m talking about, just trust me. They’re amazing! Just like these delicious chocolate covered gumdrops!
Be sure to save this Chocolate Covered Gumdrop Hearts recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Chocolate Covered Gumdrop Hearts
Store-bought gumdrop hearts are covered in chocolate for a quick and easy Valentine’s Day treat.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
- 8 ounces melting chocolate (such as Ghirardelli melting wafers)
- 16 ounces gumdrop hearts (any flavor will work, but we love cherry or cinnamon)
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate according to package directions.
- Dip the gumdrops, one at a time, into the chocolate with a fork.
- Rest the gumdrop on the tines of the fork and gently tap it against the side of the bowl to shake off any excess chocolate.
- Carefully slide the gumdrop onto waxed paper to set.
Keywords: chocolate, gumdrops
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe