FAVORITE BIG FLUFFY PANCAKES — The biggest, softest, fluffiest pancakes you’ll ever make. This recipe is sure to become a family favorite!
We start our week days (at least during the school year) at 5:15 am, so when I have time on weekends, I like to make something special for breakfast, and these Favorite Big Fluffy Pancakes have quickly become a weekend breakfast staple.
They’re slightly sweet, perfectly soft, and most important, super fluffy! My kids love them, and even my husband, who isn’t a big pancake fan, goes back for seconds.
We made these last night for dinner and they were FANTASTIC! Taste as good as they look! I have finally found the PERFECT pancake recipe. I have been searching for years! Thank you! ~ Stephanie
The secret is the “soured” milk. The vinegar really gets the baking powder working. You can actually see all the air it creates in the batter.
I’ve found the pancakes come out best when you let the batter rest for 5-10 minutes before cooking.
Whether you serve them with maple syrup or fruit and whipped cream, or throw some chocolate chips or blueberries into the batter, these pancakes are a real treat!
These are delicious! I sprinkled some pearl sugar on the top of the pancakes before flipping the over, which made theme even more decadent. Thanks so much. ~ Jocelyn
When I take the time to make a hot breakfast, I want it to be something special, and when it comes to big, fluffy pancakes, this recipe is a winner.
I can honestly say they’re the best homemade pancakes we’ve ever had!
Here’s what you’ll need to make Favorite Big Fluffy Pancakes
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
Favorite Big Fluffy Pancakes
The biggest, softest, fluffiest pancakes you’ll ever make. This recipe is sure to become a family favorite!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a medium bowl, combine milk with vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes to “sour”.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk egg, butter and vanilla into “soured” milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet for each pancake. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden, then flip and cook until lightly browned on the other side. Serve with butter and syrup or fruit and whipped cream.
Keywords: fluffy, pancakes
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from All Recipes