I have a confession to make. I’m not usually a fan of cookies and cream themed desserts. I know. There’s definitely something wrong with me. But I do love Oreos, and pound cake. Which might explain why I thought this Cookies & Cream Pound Cake was so fabulous!
The cake is perfectly dense and moist, just like a good pound cake should be. And adding Oreo crumbs to just about any dessert is always a good idea!
You definitely need a large bundt pan for this cake–twelve cups at the very least.
If your pan is smaller, you can still make the cake, you’ll just want to use less of the batter.
Cookies & Cream Pound Cake
For the cake
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 25 Oreo cookies, crushed
For the glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 12-15 cup bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla and salt.
- Add the flour alternately with cream, beginning and ending with flour. Beat until just combined after each addition.
- Spoon half of batter into prepared pan. Top evenly with half of crushed cookies. Using a butter knife, gently swirl the crushed cookies into the batter.
- Add the remaining batter to the pan and top with remaining crushed cookies. Using the knife, swirl the cookies into the batter again.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Paula Deen