If you’ve ever made baklava, you know it can be a tedious process. Well, now you can have all the flavors of baklava without all the work, thanks to these delicious little Baklava Bites.
My family was skeptical about whether these would taste enough like “regular” baklava to be considered a legitimate substitution. But after trying them, they all agreed–Baklava Bites are the real deal!
You can use just about any combination of chopped nuts you’d like, but I always include pistachios. Just keep a close eye on these once you pop them in the oven. They don’t need to bake long and can overcook quickly!
- 1 (15-count) package mini phyllo cups
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place phyllo cups on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, stir together chopped nuts, , orange zest, melted butter, honey and cinnamon until well combined. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the nut mixture into each phyllo cup.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the nuts are fragrant and lightly toasted. Cool completely before serving. Drizzle with extra honey before serving, if desired.
Don’t forget to save this easy baklava recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Gimme Some Oven.