It’s a tradition at our house to serve a variety of appetizers on Christmas Eve, and a cheeseball is an absolute must! And this Bacon Pecan Cheeseball is a delicious candidate for a little holiday indulgence.
Our favorite cheeseball of all time is a Green Onion Cheeseball–totally simple and totally delicious. This cheeseball is definitely in the running though.
What’s not to love about cream cheese, bacon, and cheddar? There’s bacon on the inside, and more on the outside!
And you can certainly leave out the nuts for those with allergies, or make two smaller cheeseballs, one with nuts and one without.
Like most cream cheese spreads, this can be made several days ahead of time–always a bonus during the holidays.
Once you start eating this, it’s hard to stop. Consider yourself warned!
Bacon Pecan Cheeseball
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup green onions, minced
- 1 (4 oz.) jar diced pimento, drained
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped, divided
- 10 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled and divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Crackers, for serving
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, mix cream cheese, milk, cheddar, blue cheese, salt and pepper until well combined. Add green onions, pimento, half of the chopped pecans, and half of the crumbled bacon and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a large piece of plastic wrap. Form into a ball and wrap tightly. Refrigerate for at least one hour, or until mixture is firm enough to handle.
- Combine the remaining bacon, remaining pecans, parsley and poppy seeds in a shallow dish or pie plate. Roll the cheeseball in the bacon/nut mixture until evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with a variety of crackers.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Paula Deen.