I’ve always considered myself someone who doesn’t really like squash. But over the years, I have tried some variations of squash that I found absolutely delicious. I mean, who doesn’t love some breaded, deep fried zucchini? And I love a good squash soup!
I’ve come to the conclusion that when it comes to squash, there are some really unappealing ways to prepare it, and some fabulously delicious ways to prepare it. So when I picked up some acorn squash at the farmers’ market recently, I was determined to find one of those “fabulously delicious” preparation methods. Well, this Creamy Parmesan Baked Acorn Squash was absolutely amazing! And even better, it’s simple and has only a few ingredients. Of course, it helps immensely that two of those ingredients are cream and Parmesan cheese! The cream and cheese combine to create a delicious sauce in the center of your squash–almost like a squash alfredo. This dish was truly delicious, and proof once again that sometimes the simplest recipes are the best.Print
Creamy Parmesan Baked Acorn Squash
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 acorn squash (1 pound each), halved lengthwise, seeded, and bottoms trimmed to lie flat if necessary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place squash cut side up on a large, rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide cream and thyme evenly among squash halves.
- Bake until squash is tender when pierced with a sharp knife, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Serving Size: 4
Be sure to save this delicious squash recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Orzo with Roasted Vegetables
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Martha Stewart.