I’ve always considered myself someone who doesn’t really like squash. But over the years, I have tried some variations of squash that I found absolutely delicious. I mean, who doesn’t love some breaded, deep fried zucchini? And I love a good squash soup!
So when I picked up some acorn squash at the farmers’ market recently, I was determined to find one of those “fabulously delicious” preparation methods. Well, this Creamy Parmesan Baked Acorn Squash was absolutely amazing! And even better, it’s simple and has only a few ingredients. Of course, it helps immensely that two of those ingredients are cream and Parmesan cheese!
The cream and cheese combine to create a delicious sauce in the center of your squash–almost like a squash alfredo. This dish was truly delicious, and proof once again that sometimes the simplest recipes are the best.
Creamy Parmesan Baked Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn squash (1 pound each), halved lengthwise, seeded, and bottoms trimmed to lie flat if necessary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place squash cut side up on a large, rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide cream and thyme evenly among squash halves.
- Bake until squash is tender when pierced with a sharp knife, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.
Be sure to save this delicious squash recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Orzo with Roasted Vegetables
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Martha Stewart.