I don’t know how many times I’ve made a pumpkin recipe and had a little bit of pumpkin left in the bottom of the can. I hate throwing it out, but honestly, I never know what to do with it. And then this Whipped Pumpkin Butter happened!
The recipe calls for 1/4 cup of canned pumpkin, which makes it the perfect way to use up a bit of extra pumpkin.
We love it on toast (especially if it’s made with that cinnamon swirl bread), pancakes, waffles, bagels, you name it.
In fact, I may have been caught eating it right off the spoon. Left at room temperature, it will last for a few days. If you need to store it longer, keep it in the refrigerator.Print
Whipped Pumpkin Butter
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Using an electric mixer, whip butter on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and beat to combine.
- Store covered, in an airtight container.
Makes about 1.5 cups.
- Serving Size: 8
Who Dished it Up First: Adapted from Style Sweet.