This is a sponsored post for Hamilton Beach. All opinions stated are my own.
It’s my favorite time of year–soup weather! And when it comes to preparing hearty fall soups like this Philly Cheese Steak Soup for my family, the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget® 6 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker is my favorite kitchen helper.
I can’t tell you how many slow cookers I’ve owned over the years, but this one is by far the best! It has absolutely everything I’ve ever wanted in a slow cooker. The removable crock is a must, in my opinion, for easy clean up. Like most slow cookers, this Hamilton Beach version allows you to choose a high or low heat setting, but you can also use the program mode to cook your food for a certain amount of time–perfect if your meal will be done before you get home. The slow cooker just switches to the warm setting until you arrive. There’s even a meat probe for cooking meats to the proper internal temperature.
Other great features of the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget® 6 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker include:
- A travel-friendly design with a lid that securely seals in place with sturdy wire clips on each handle
- A 6 quart removable stoneware crock that fits a 6 lb. chicken or a 4 lb. roast
- Wraparound, even heat that cooks food evenly and consistently
- Full-grip handles that make carrying heavy meals easier
- Power interrupt protection that keeps the slow cooker on during a brief power outage
- A one-year warranty
It seems like things always get crazy right before dinner time, at least at our house. That’s when I’m out picking kids up from after-school activities or soccer practice, and then I’m tempted to just pick up some fast food and call it a night. But with my Hamilton Beach slow cooker, I can get all my dinner prep work done ahead of time, and my family can enjoy a home cooked meal together at the end of the day.
Best of all, Hamilton Beach is giving away a Set ‘n Forget® 6 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker to one Let’s Dish reader. If you’re the lucky winner, I just know you’re going to love this slow cooker! I use mine several times a week and it’s never let me down.
You can enter using the widget below. You must be 18 years old to enter and a U.S. resident to be eligible. I’ve shared my Philly Cheese Steak Soup recipe too! It’s loaded with steak, onions, mushrooms and a hearty broth and topped with homemade croutons and French fried onions. It’s a real crowd-pleasing meal and one of my family’s favorite dishes when the weather starts to turn chilly.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Philly Cheese Steak Soup
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds sirloin steak, cubed
- 6 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces American cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened for 20-30 seconds in microwave
- 2-3 sub buns, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shredded mozzarella cheese, for garnish
- French fried onions, for garnish
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive olive in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft, 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a lightly greased slow cooker.
- Add cubed steak to skillet and sear on all sides until meat is dark golden brown, adding more oil if needed. Add to slow cooker with onions and garlic.
- Whisk together beef broth, flour, and Worcestershire sauce. Add to slow cooker along with mushrooms and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. One hour before serving, turn slow cooker to high heat. Add the American and cream cheese. Stir every 10-15 minutes as the cheese melts.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss cubed bread with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toast for 7-8 minutes, or until bread is golden and crispy.
- Ladle soup into bowls. If desired, top with shredded mozzarella cheese, toasted bread cubes and French fried onions.