This Spaghetti Carbonara is one of the first recipes I shared here at Let’s Dish, almost five years ago. I can hardly believe it’s been that long!
It’s still a family favorite, so I thought it was time to bring it back, along with an updated photo.
This is so quick and simple to put together, plus it has bacon in it, so you can’t go wrong there!
My husband especially loves this, but it’s definitely a favorite with the entire family. There are never any leftovers.Print
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 8 ounces bacon (about 8 slices), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Set a large pot of water to boil (for pasta).
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat, until crisp. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Salt boiling water generously; add pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, Parmesan cheese, and half-and-half.
- Drain pasta when al dente, leaving some water clinging to it.
- Working quickly, add hot pasta to egg mixture.
- Add bacon; season with salt and pepper, and toss all to combine (the heat from the pasta will cook the eggs).
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serving Size: 6
Who Dished It Up First: Martha Stewart and the Every Day Food folks.