One of the great things about having teenagers is that they can be pretty independent in the kitchen. Of course, they’re not quite experts yet, so they often choose semi-homemade type recipes, like these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies.
They were fantastic (especially since someone else made them for me!), and soft and chewy, just the way I like them.
Honestly, I think this will be my go-to peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe from now on!Print
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- Yield: 36
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, brown sugar, water, flour, peanut butter, oil and eggs until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten cookies with the bottom of a glass to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan for 1-2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Betty Crocker.