One of the great things about having teenagers is that they can be pretty independent in the kitchen. Of course, they’re not quite experts yet, so they often choose semi-homemade type recipes, like these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies.
I don’t know if it’s the addition of peanut butter, but you really don’t taste the cake mix in these cookies at all.
They were fantastic (especially since someone else made them for me!), and soft and chewy, just the way I like them.
Honestly, I think this will be my go-to peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe from now on!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, brown sugar, water, flour, peanut butter, oil and eggs until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten cookies with the bottom of a glass to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan for 1-2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Betty Crocker.