I love a good dip–one that’s loaded with all kinds of textures and flavors–and this Roasted Corn and Jalapeno Dip is one of my favorites.
This dip is a little bit spicy and a little bit sweet and goes perfectly with crispy tortilla chips.
And roasting the corn adds a great smoky flavor. I usually roast my corn right on my backyard grill, but I’ve also roasted it in the oven with great results.
I’ve shared the method for outdoor grilling below, but there is a great recipe for oven roasted corn here, if you’d like to go that route.
Either way, this dip is delicious!Print
- 3 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonaisse
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped chipotles in adobo (from a can)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Brush corn cobs with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill corn, turning frequently, until hot and lightly charred all over, 10-15 minutes. Let cool and slice kernels from cobs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheese, garlic, chili powder, and chipotles in adobo until well combined.
- Add the corn, jalapeno, red pepper, green onion and cilantro.
- Place dip in an oven-proof dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly and light golden brown. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Serving Size: 6
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.