When it comes to favorite side dishes at our house, potatoes and rice definitely top the list. But honestly, that can get a little boring, so I’m always looking for new ways to dress up those dinner-time staples, and this Lemon Parmesan Pesto Rice is a family favorite.
I recently made a batch of fresh basil pesto and wondered how my family might enjoy it mixed with some Basmati rice and lemon.
Of course, I had to throw some Parmesan cheese in too! Needless to say, it was a huge hit
There weren’t even any leftovers–and I almost always have leftover rice.
The best part (besides tasting amazing) is that it was so easy!
I cooked the rice in my rice cooker while I prepared dinner, and just stirred in the other ingredients right before serving.
Of course, you can also cook the rice using the traditional stove-top method. We love Basmati rice, but you can use long-grain white, Jasmine, brown–whatever you prefer!
No matter what kind of rice you use, this simple recipe is a great way to add some variety to your side dish repertoire!
Be sure to save this Lemon Parmesan Pesto Rice recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
- 1 cup Basmati or long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, combine rice, broth, butter and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Alternately, this step can be done in a rice cooker.
- Remove rice from heat and stir in the lemon zest, pesto and Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 6
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.