When it comes to favorite side dishes at our house, potatoes and rice definitely top the list. But honestly, that can get a little boring, so I’m always looking for new ways to dress up those dinner-time staples, and this Lemon Parmesan Pesto Rice is a family favorite.
I recently made a batch of fresh basil pesto and wondered how my family might enjoy it mixed with some Basmati rice and lemon.
Of course, I had to throw some Parmesan cheese in too! Needless to say, it was a huge hit
There weren’t even any leftovers–and I almost always have leftover rice.
The best part (besides tasting amazing) is that it was so easy!
I cooked the rice in my rice cooker while I prepared dinner, and just stirred in the other ingredients right before serving.
Of course, you can also cook the rice using the traditional stove-top method. We love Basmati rice, but you can use long-grain white, Jasmine, brown–whatever you prefer!
No matter what kind of rice you use, this simple recipe is a great way to add some variety to your side dish repertoire!
Be sure to save this Lemon Parmesan Pesto Rice recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Lemon Pesto Parmesan Rice
- 1 cup Basmati or long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, combine rice, broth, butter and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Alternately, this step can be done in a rice cooker.
- Remove rice from heat and stir in the lemon zest, pesto and Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 6
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.