Key lime pie is one of my husband’s favorite desserts. And I’ve had so much fun with my ice cream maker this summer, I just had to try making Key Lime Pie Ice Cream. Turned out to be a brilliant idea!
This sweet and creamy, slightly tart ice cream has a great lime flavor with graham cracker pieces mixed in for a bit of crunchy texture.
If you’d like a brighter green color, just add a few drops of green food coloring to the mixture before you put it in your ice cream maker.
This Key Lime Pie Ice Cream is the perfect way to say goodbye to summer!
Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- In a medium bowl, whisk together everything but the graham cracker pieces until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least on hour, or as long as overnight.
- Turn the ice cream maker on and add the milk/cream mixture to the bowl.
- Mix for 15-20 minutes (according to manufacturers instructions) or until ice cream reaches a soft serve consistency. Add the graham cracker pieces during the last 5 minutes of mixing.
- Transfer ice cream to an air tight container and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.