I’m always looking for easy slow cooker recipes that my whole family will enjoy and this Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken definitely fits the bill.
Yes, I’ve gone the super easy route and dumped a bottle of barbecue sauce into the slow cooker with some chicken. Sometimes life just calls for that sort of thing. As a mom to three busy boys, I’m all for dumping dinner in the slow cooker in the morning and calling it good.
But it really doesn’t take much more effort to add the few extra ingredients that make this chicken extra special. And that little bit of extra effort makes a big difference!
We typically serve this on sandwich buns topped off with coleslaw, but it’s also great over rice. If you have leftovers, this chicken is great in wraps and salads. And if you plan ahead, you can double the recipe and freeze enough for another meal.
Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing and seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then place in a lightly greased slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, stir together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to sauce for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Family Fresh Meals.