I don’t know about you, but the only way I can feed my family zucchini is hidden in baked goods. And this Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread is my absolute favorite way to deliver zucchini incognito.
The bread is so moist and full of chocolate flavor, it’s hard to imagine enjoying a chocolate loaf without zucchini. Yes, there are four cups of zucchini in this recipe. It may seem like a lot, but trust me, it’s just perfect.
You can put all of the chocolate chips into the batter, but I like to keep some for sprinkling on top.
This also makes great muffins and mini loaves, just be sure to adjust your baking time accordingly.
*Note: the original recipe stated that this recipe would make two 9×5 inch loaves. I usually just get one 9×5 loaf plus one mini loaf. If you’d like two loaves, I suggest using slightly smaller loaf pans.
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 8×4 inch loaf pans, or one 9×5 pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another large bowl, combine sugars, eggs, melted butter and vanilla
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar/butter mixture and stir to combine. Do not over mix.
- Fold in grated zucchini and 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in prepared loaf pans and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over top
- Bake for 40-60 minutes (depending on size) or until an inserted knife comes out clean. If necessary, cover with foil during the last 10-15 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Your Cup of Cake.