We’ve had so much fun making homemade ice cream this summer, and this Pink Lemonade Ice Cream is our favorite so far.
It’s just so fun, and the lemonade flavor has summer written all over it! We did add a bit of pink food coloring for color, but that is totally optional.
Besides being a great summertime treat, this ice cream is also easy to make. We just took our favorite vanilla ice cream recipe and added some pink lemonade concentrate and a bit of lemon zest.
It’s a little bit sweet, a little bit tart and perfectly creamy and delicious! Hope you love it as much as we do!
Pink Lemonade Ice Cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- Zest of one lemon
- A few drops of pink or red food coloring (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least on hour, or as long as overnight.
- Turn the ice cream maker on and add the milk/cream mixture to the bowl.
- Mix for 15-20 minutes (according to manufacturers instructions) or until ice cream reaches a soft serve consistency.
- Transfer ice cream to an air tight container and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.