Just because it’s too hot to turn on my oven and bake doesn’t mean I’ve stopped craving dessert. I’ve solved that dilemma by serving up plenty of no-bake, frozen treats this summer. My family’s newest favorite is this Frozen Blackberry Cream Pie.
It’s smooth, creamy and refreshing. Not to mention, delicious!
I definitely recommend having some fresh blackberries on hand for garnish. Their tartness is the perfect contrast to the sweetness of the pie.
This is such an easy dessert to put together, I usually go ahead and make two pies–one for eating right away and one to keep in the freezer for later.
Let the pie stand at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Frozen Blackberry Cream Pie
- 1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust, prepared or homemade
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup seedless blackberry preserves
- Fresh blackberries, for garnish
- Beat whipping cream with an electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat in lemon juice and salt. Add blackberry preserves and stir to mix well.
- Fold in whipped cream and spoon the mixture into the prepared crust. Cover and freeze for 4 hours, or until firm.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens.