If you’re looking for something healthy and delicious to add to your Independence Day menu, this Festive Fruit Salsa is just what you need.
This salsa is a great summer side and pairs perfectly with all of your favorite backyard barbecue dishes.
You can certainly make it with different fruit, but this red, white and blue version is perfect for your July 4 celebrations.
The homemade cinnamon chips are really easy to make, but store-bought cinnamon and sugar pita chips are great too.
The fruit does produce a lot of liquid if it sits for long, so I suggest making it shortly before serving.
Whenever I serve this fruit salsa it’s always one of the first things to disappear!
Festive Fruit Salsa with Homemade Cinnamon Chips
For the cinnamon chips
For the salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
- Cut each tortilla into 6 wedges. Arrange wedges in a single layer on 2 lightly greased baking sheets.
- Spray tortillas with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture (you may not use all of the cinnamon and sugar).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until tortillas are golden brown, rotating pans once halfway through cooking time. Cool completely.
- Gently toss the blueberries, diced strawberries and apples in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, stir together the orange juice and zest, brown sugar, strawberry jam and cinnamon. Pour over fruit and stir to coat well.
- Refrigerate until serving. Serve with cinnamon chips
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.