When it comes to cooking and baking, the most important tools in my kitchen are a good stand mixer and a good hand mixer. From whipping cream to mixing bread and big batches of cookie dough–I use my mixers for just about anything that needs mixing, like this easy Lemon Cheesecake Mousse.
I recently replaced my old hand mixer with the Hamilton Beach SoftScrape 6 Speed Hand Mixer and I couldn’t be happier. I especially love that the SoftScrape mixer comes with several types of beater attachments.
The first thing I made in the Hamilton Beach 6 Speed Stand Mixer was my favorite chocolate chip cookie dough. It’s a big recipe that requires a lot of mixing, so I knew if the Hamilton Beach stand mixer could pass my cookie dough test, it could mix just about anything.
It passed with flying colors! I was especially impressed that there weren’t any unmixed dry ingredients left at the bottom of the bowl when I finished mixing.
Since then, I’ve been using the Hamilton Beach stand mixer regularly. In addition to the traditional 6 speeds, it has a special fold setting, which was just what I needed for adding the whipped cream to my lemon cheesecake mousse.
Trust me, you want the recipe for this mousse! It’s super simple and there’s no baking involved, so with a little help, it’s something even kids could make.
We enjoyed ours with fresh berries, but it’s completely delicious on its own. It would also make a great filling for a layer cake.
Be sure to save this Lemon Cheesecake Mousse recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Lemon Cheesecake Mousse
This creamy lemon mousse is an easy but elegant dessert that's ready in about fifteen minutes!
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup lemon curd or prepared lemon pie filling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Fresh berries for garnish, optional
- In a medium bowl, whip the cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and lemon curd or pie filling until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla and powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Fold in the whipped cream until fully incorporated.
- Pipe or spoon the mousse into serving dishes. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with fresh berries, if desired.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
*This is a sponsored post for Hamilton Beach, but all opinions stated are my own.