One of the best things about making your own ice cream is creating whatever flavor you choose! This Kit Kat Salted Caramel Ice Cream comes to you courtesy of my 17 year-old son, who like his mother is a huge fan of Kit Kat candy bars and salted caramel.
Turns out, those are two flavors that are meant to be together!
I have the Cuisinart ice cream maker, and it has been worth every penny. I just knew if I had the kind of ice cream machine where I had to mess with rock salt, I’d never, ever use it.
But the Cuisinart ice cream machine is so easy to use (just turn it on and pour the ingredients into the bowl) that I use it all the time and have definitely gotten my money’s worth.
I just keep the bowl in the freezer so it’s always cold. Then I can make ice cream whenever the craving strikes. Which is often.
And no, this isn’t a sponsored post. It’s just a really great ice cream maker. And this is really great ice cream!
Kit Kat Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Kit Kat candy bars
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, cream, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Turn the ice cream maker on and add the milk/cream mixture to the bowl. Mix until somewhat thickened, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add the crushed candy bars and caramel sauce and continue mixing for another 5-10 minutes, or until ice cream is a soft serve consistency.
- Transfer ice cream to an air tight container and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.